WISK / WDEC
Tuesday March 2nd, 2021
A Media Release From Sumter County Sheriff Eric Bryant:
After a lengthy investigation into allegations of Sexual Exploitation of Children by a former Coach at Americus Sumter County High School, Sumter County’s Sheriff’s Office investigators secured Arrest Warrants on William P. Blue, age 46 of Americus, GA. On Monday March 1st, 2021, Mr. Blue turned himself in to the Sumter County Jail, where he is being charged with 23 counts of Sexual Exploitation of Children and 44 counts of Electronically Furnishing Obscene Material to a Minor. Mr. Blue is being housed at the Sumter County Jail where he is currently awaiting a Bond Hearing.
Housed in the Sumter County Jail: Jason Lee Greene for criminal trespass; Jeffrey Keion Johnson for 4th degree forged checks/ 5-counts of printing, executing, negotiating checks, drafts, etc knowing the information is in error or fictitious/ possession of a dangerous weapon/ and possession of marijuana; Kewan Lequient Morgan for felony probation violation and for failure to appear; and David Jeremy Woodham for seat belt violation/ failure to have license on person/ failure to maintain lane/ hit-n-run/ and driving on the wrong side of a divided street. 1 was released from jail after posting bond.
Early voting for the continuation of ESPLOST is being held Monday-Friday from 8 to 5 at the Griffin Bell Golf & Conference Center at 1800 S. Lee Street. You will need to bring a photo ID with you. Early voting ends on Friday March 12th. Since early voting started last Tuesday, 185 have now voted.
AMERICUS POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT
· 3:31 AM OFFICER RESPONDED TO 604 HAWKINS STREET IN REFERENCE TO A DOMESTIC DISPUTE RESULTING IN A CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY 2ND DEGREE
· 7:17 AM OFFICER WAS DISPATCHED TO 106 BROOKDALE DRIVE IN REFERENCE TO IDENTITY THEFT FRAUD
· 10:10 AM OFFICER RESPONDED TO 1321 2ND MONTGOMERY STREET IN REFERENCE TO DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CRIMINAL TRESPASS
· 1:14 PM OFFICER MADE A TRAFFIC STOP ON S. LEE STREET WHERE CASEY E THOMAS WAS CITED FOR DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED AND TAG REGISTRATION VIOLATION
· 10:10AM OFFICER WAS PATROLLING THE AREA OF BESSIE MAY CIRCLE AND MADE A TRAFFIC STOP FOR DRIVER OPERATING A VEHICLE WITHOUT WEARING SEATBELT AND FLEEING OR ATTEMPTING TO ELUDE A POLICE
· 3:09 PM OFFICER RESPONDED TO CHURCH’S CHICKEN AT 1322 E. LAMAR STREET IN REFERENCE TO A DOMESTIC DISPUTE
· 4:48 PM OFFICER MADE A TRAFFIC STOP ON OGLETHORPE AVENUE FOR BRAKE LIGHT VIOLATION WHERE ADRIAN MERRITT WAS CHARGED WITH DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED
· 5:43 PM OFFICER RESPONDED TO 1711 E. LAMAR STREET (WAL-MART) WHERE VICTORIA N WHITE WAS CHARGED WITH THEFT BY SHOPLIFTING
· 5:25 PM OFFICER WAS SENT TO 118 BRANNON AVENUE IN REFERENCE TO A CRIMINAL TRESPASS
· 9:14 PM OFFICER RETURNED TO 118 BRANNON AVENUE IN REFERENCE TO A STRUCTURE FIRE, ARSON, AND IS UNDER FURTHER INVESTIGATION
· 8:08 PM OFFICER WAS DISPATCHED TO 100 MILLCREEK ROAD IN REFERENCE TO A FIGHT
· 9:52 PM OFFICER WAS CALLED TO 107 E. LESTER STREET IN REFERENCE TO AN AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
· 2:31 AM OFFICER RESPONDED TO 819 WASHINGTON STREET IN REFERENCE TO A CRIMINAL TRESPASS
· ALSO ARRESTED AND IN JAIL IS A JEFFERY KEION JOHNSON…WITH MULTIPLE CHARGES OF FORGERY IN THE 4TH DEGREE AND POSSESSION OF A FIREARM OR KNIFE DURING COMMISSION OF OR ATTEMPT TO COMMIT CERTAIN FELONIES, POSESSION OF SAWED OFF SHOTGUN, POSSESSION OF SAWED OFF RIFLE, POSSESSION OF MACHINE GUN, POSSESSION OF DANGEROUS WEAPON OR SILENCER ALONG WITH POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA….
· OFFICERS ALSO WORKED 1 MINOR TRAFFIC ACCIDENT IN THE CITY ON GA HIGHWAY 27 WEST